I will be using lubuntu 15.10 for this tutorial, but it should be compatible with older or newer lubuntu, you if you have different version of lubuntu, don't be afraid this tutorial should work for you as well.
Step by step how to install Jenkins on lubuntu 15.10
- Install open JDK or oracle JDK on your lubuntu, read here for more info.
- Install apache web server, read here for more info.
- Add jenkins key using wget command
wget -q -O - https://jenkins-ci.org/debian/jenkins-ci.org.key | sudo apt-key add -
- Create source list for jenkins
sudo sh -c 'echo deb http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/debian binary/ > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/jenkins.list'
- Update the repo list
sudo apt-get update
- Install jenkins
sudo apt-get install jenkins
- Check if jenkins running or not
sudo service jenkins status
- Open url localhost:8080
- Unlock jenkins admin password
sudo cat /var/lib/jenkins/secrets/initialAdminPassword
- Copy paste the password to localhost:8080
- On the customize jenkins page, choose 'install suggested plugins', unless you know what you are doing.
- Done, you should be arrived at jenkins dashboard by now.
Congratulation you have just successfully install jenkins on lubuntu, now you can start your integration plan with jenkins.